Hi. I'm Cory. I am a family and birth photographer based out of Vero Beach, Florida. I am passionate about documenting LIFE, LIVING, LOVE.
Every life is an adventure. Each moment tells a little bit of that story. The why, the how, the who. You never know which way your path will bend or where life will lead you. Take it in and absorb the present because change is imminent.
I've always been a photographer - ask anyone who's ever known me. But I also spent a long time working as a marine biologist, "playing" in tidepools, working on lobster boats, and eventually ending up in aquaculture. I grew tiny fish for a while and now I have grown two tiny humans.
Having children puts your life into a new perspective. You discover your true self. And I chose happiness. After graduate school my priorities changed and I decided to work from home, watch my children grow, while finally pursuing my creativity.
About the name: I chose the name EBB AND FLOW because I feel it connects my lifelong love of (and working with) the ocean and my passion for birth and motherhood. EBB AND FLOW is like a breath of fresh air. It's organic and fluid. It's LIFE! And that connection of real and raw is what I strive to bring to my photography.
A couple random facts about me:
- I believe in love at first sight. It's happened to me three(!) times: my husband and at the birth of both of my children.
- I love love love cheese so much that I will probably never be vegan. I ate so much cheese pizza while I was pregnant with my son that I feel I made him entirely out of pizza (under the 'you are what you eat' rule).
- I am drawn to rain, fog, trees, the ocean. They speak to my heart. I'm a certifiable pluviophile.
- Now that I'm in Florida I have lived in all four corners of the United States. Of all the places I've lived, I miss the Redwoods the most.
- As a promise to myself I would practice more self care - something EVERYONE needs, not just mothers or small business owners. So, starting in 2018, I joined Weight Watchers and I have lost over 60 pounds!
- I may or may not sound like Austin Powers sometimes during my sessions. Yah, baby! Seriously.
- Last but not least, (and it sounds so cheesy only because it's totally true): photography allows me to chase my own dreams by capturing others'.
Allow me to document your family and we can get to know each other better!
Ebb and Flow Photography is a volunteer photographer for the non-profit Preemie Prints, supporting and sharing hope with families who have a baby born prematurely or critically ill.