Hi. I'm Cory. I am a family and birth photographer based out of the Sunrise City - Fort Pierce, Florida. I love documenting LIFE, LIVING, LOVE.
Every life is an adventure. Each moment tells a little bit of that story. You never know which way your path will bend or where you will end up. Take it in and absorb the present because change is imminent.
I've always been a photographer - ask anyone who's ever known me. But I also spent a long time working as a marine biologist, "playing" in tidepools, working on lobster boats, and eventually ending up in aquaculture. I grew tiny fish for a while and now I have grown two humans.
Having children puts your life into a new perspective. You discover your true self. And I chose happiness. I decided to work from home, watch my children grow, while finally pursuing my creativity.
About the name: I chose the name EBB AND FLOW because I feel it connects my lifelong love of (and working with) the ocean and my passion for birth and motherhood. EBB AND FLOW is like a breath of fresh air. It's organic and fluid. It's LIFE! And that connection of real and raw is what I strive to bring to my photography.
A couple random facts about me:
- I believe in love at first sight. It's happened to me three(!) times: my husband and at the birth of both of my children.
- I love love love cheese so much that I will probably never be vegan. I ate so much cheese pizza while I was pregnant with my son that I feel I made him entirely out of pizza (under the 'you are what you eat' rule).
- I am drawn to rain, fog, trees, the ocean. They speak to my heart. I'm a certifiable pluviophile.
- Now that I'm in Florida I have lived in all four corners of the United States. Of all the places I've lived, I miss the Redwoods the most.
- I love to play with, photograph, eat, and talk about seaweed. That's me crouched down on the beach playing with the all that stuff washed up on the shore or poking around tidepools.
- Babywearing has become a huge passion of mine. I love the freedom we have together, the extra snuggles, and the amazing community of babywearers I have met. And, as a mother of two, it is often a necessity! I became an ambassador for Wrapsody which blossomed into a beautiful partnership to create beautiful imagery of real families babywearing.
- I may or may not sound like Austin Powers sometimes during my sessions. Yah, baby!
- Last but not least, (and it sounds so cheesy only because it's totally true): photography allows me to chase my own dreams by capturing others'.
Allow me to document your family and you'll get to know me a little more.